Volume Control

Brian A briansvgs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:35:19 UTC 2008

If you would like me to post this in launchpad instead, just let me know,
but, as I said in a previous email, I am running ubuntu hardy full time now,
and am posting any bugs that I find here.  With todays updates to ubuntu,
and I am assuming with xubuntu, volume control was knocked out.....by using
the volume control slider on the gnome toolbar, I can change the volume, but
using the media buttons on my keyboard, although it shows the onscreen
symbol that says the volume is being adjusted/muted, it does not change the
volume at all.

-Brian

--
"It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an
act of murder."

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.
Microsoft gives you Gates and windows - Linux gives you the whole house.
Vista is the last nail in the linux coffin. Interestingly, linux is not in
the coffin, but rather wondering what is sealing itself into a wooden box 6
feet underground.