[OT] Re: New gdm configuration for testing

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Tue Apr 1 19:56:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:37:30 +0200
Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl> wrote:

> Jelle de Jong wrote:

> >  > If I am not mistaken, we want each xubuntu release to be a unique
> >  > visual experience rather than just a generic piece of look and
> >  > feel.
> >  >
> >  > jmak
> >
> > We can use different upstream artwork every release. As long as the
> > packaging process is done good and makes backward compatibility
> > possible.
> >
> > We could spent more efforts on creating better artwork in the form
> > of consistent tango style icons for all applications, combined with
> > valid .desktop files and svg and png based artwork. Also some HIG
> > improvements in the naming of applications will be a good proses.
> >
> > Or is this not a thing we want to focus on?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Jelle
> >
> > PS jmak please do not top post or do you have something against
> > bottom posting please share your arguments. I really appreciate
> > bottom posting it allows me to follow the communication of
> > everybody in a organised matter.
> >

> I would really like to hear the developers opinion about this? Are my
> suggestions against the xubuntu mission/development strategie?

It has been said before, but it's very common to use bottom-posting in
mailing lists in general.

"Bottom-posting

Another style of replying to messages has been dubbed "bottom-posting".
The reply is placed below the quote to preserve the logical order of
the replies and follow the Western reading direction from top to
bottom."