Search in Gutsy?

Vincent imnotb at
Sat Sep 29 17:18:56 BST 2007

On 29/09/2007, Jari Rahkonen <jari.rahkonen at> wrote:
> Are you sure it doesn't use (s)locate? Anyway, you know you have several
> ways to easily check if Tracker or Beagle is running and/or installed. I
> do remember this being discussed on this list more than once, and AFAIK
> there was no decision to include either (any?) of the proposed search
> daemons.
> In any case I'm quite sure Beagle is not and will not be in the default
> installation due to the mono dependency.

Yeah, Beagle would be quite odd indeed ;-)

Anyway, if I recall correctly I read it only supported Beagle and Tracker. I
also tested creating a new folder and searching for that, and it could find
it. Now I'm not sure, but I think locate wouldn't have been able to find
that, especially concerning I hadn't ever run updatedb. Correct me if I'm

On the other hand, I also don't recall seeing the Tracker daemon in the
process list...

- Jari