Is Xubuntu dead? (was Re: musicvideosphotos)

Jérémie Corbier jcorbier at
Fri Sep 21 09:35:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 11:23:11AM +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
> Recently we could get Ubuntu packagers to drop recommends where they
> were already in the ubuntu-desktop or move them to suggests.
> If you can spot which packages' recommends brings in beagle and other
> things we do not use please file a bug in LP and talk to the devs in
> #ubuntu-desktop

totem-gstreamer recommends gnome-control-center.  It pulls in quite a bunch of
GNOME related packages.  I filed a bug in Launchpad [0].

                             /* ``If you can't do it in
                                  ANSI C, it isn't worth doing.''
                                                -- Unknown        */