Small pb to install skype ?

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Thu Sep 6 20:40:41 UTC 2007

Bérenger Bossoutrot kirjoitti:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a beginner
> I try to install Skype on my computer. So, I download the following package:
> skype-debian_1.4.0.99-1_i386.deb and I use Gdebi package installer to
> install skype.
>
> But the software tell me this message:
>
> Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libasound2.
>
> I think this file is a library and i start Synaptic Package Manager to
> verify if this file is on my computer.
>
> And Synaptic tell me that libasound2 is well installed.
>
> So, I don't understand what's happening.
>
> Can you help me
> Yours Sincerely
>
> Bérenger

Hi,

You can get Skype (and several other packages[1]) for Ubuntu from the
medibuntu repositories. Just remove the Debian package you already
installed and follow the instructions at the following URL.

http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repository.php

Then you'll be able to simply apt-get install skype.

- Jari

[1] http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/packages.php