xfce4-terminal

Nikolaj Baer nikolaj.baer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:11:22 UTC 2007

That sounds like X is crashing..

If you do CTRL-F2 (get back to X with CTRL-F6 i think.. just hit all
the Fs til you find it :), you can log in outside of X. Look at your X
logs in /var/log/Xorg.log.1 (i think will show the most recent crash).

if xfce4-terminal is crashing, i would guess it might be a gtk2 issue,
perhaps fonts. Are there any other gnome based programs that exhibit
the same symptoms?

-Nikolaj