I want to be Maintainer of Geany for Xubuntu

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 15 18:13:32 UTC 2007

Amit,

It's a little too late for any changes to go into *ubuntu 7.10.  The final
package freeze just happened, and we have had an upstream version freeze in
effect for multiple weeks now.

Geany is a package that we directly sync from debian.  Consequently, we
don't have any patches that we apply to the source package after getting it
from debian.  If you have any improvements, it's recommended that you would
submit them directly to debian and then have us sync for hardy.  If the
improvements are supposed to be local to Ubuntu and the way things function
here, you can do an ubuntu local set of changes.

Regards,

On 10/15/07, Amit Karpe <amitkarpe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>         Can any suggest me how to become maintainer for any package .
> I want to become  Maintainer of Geany for Xubuntu  .
> OR
> How any package accepted in final release ?
> In other words
> How a geany package will be accepts in Xubuntu 7.10 .
>
> http://geany.uvena.de/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geany
>

> --
> Regards