Usplash offcentered ????

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 17:18:27 BST 2007

On 10/14/07, Vincent <imnotb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14/10/2007, Eero Tamminen <oak at helsinkinet.fi> wrote:
> > Hi,

> http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/10/peek-at-xubuntu-gutsy.html

> > While on this review...  It's been a few major Ubuntu releases
> > since I took a proper look at Xubuntu.  The thing that last turned
> > me off it was the ridiculously small font size in the panels, but
> > I notice that has been fixed:
> >
> http://bp0.blogger.com/_UqUwVPikChs/RxB1ApvoTVI/AAAAAAAAA1Q/EvElEi1T0-A/s1600-h/s4.jpg
> >
> > Another thing I was wondering, the blog mentions that Xubuntu has now
> > OpenOffice (which I'm not fond of due to its slowness/bloatness)!?!
> >
> > When these happened?
>
> Eero, this was the case with Feisty I believe, but I'm currently on the
> Gutsy RC and there is no OpenOffice.org here... It was before pulled in
> through some odd language dependencies I believe.

Very nice review and screenshots. But there is one thing I am
disappointed about. The icon theme. I thought that after so much
discussion at the beginning of the release circle we agreed that novou
will be our new icon theme that would have beautifully complemented to
our great new gtk theme. Apparently this idea was dropped I wonder
why.

jmak

--
http://jozmak.blogspot.com/