"Help" launcher in panel points to Xubuntu Desktop Guide

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 6 07:19:08 BST 2007

Jim Campbell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for everyone's help in preparing the Xubuntu documentation.  I
> give special thanks to Luzius and Jani for their work in wrapping things
> up and getting the docs packaged and uploaded.  Also, thanks to all of
> the new contributors: George, Jan, Freddy, and any others I might have
> missed.
>
> I did notice that the new Help Launcher in the panel points to the old
> Xubuntu desktop guide, and this is now a non-working link
> (file:///usr/share/xubuntu-docs/desktopguide/C/index.html).  The
> launcher should point to:  file:///usr/share/xubuntu-docs/index.html .

I have changed this two days ago in the xubuntu-default-settings upload,
to  if it still not /usr/share/ubuntu-artwork/home/index.html.
Now that I think about it that will only point to xubuntu docs if one
does not install ubuntu-desktop...
the problem with a direct link as opposed to a link to an
alternatives-controlled symlink is that localized versdons are not
suuported. If translations of the desktop guide were available in the
xubuntu-docs package, the current setup would point to them

thanks
Jani