default /etc/network/interfaces

Vincent imnotb at
Tue Oct 2 06:53:19 UTC 2007

On 02/10/2007, Mihamina Rakotomandimby <
mihamina.rakotomandimby at> wrote:

> Hi,
> What is the default "interfaces" content, in xubuntu, in order to
> restore it?
> Because I've put the mess in it.
> I would like it to be compliant with the graphical "network manager" in
> xubuntu.

Unfortunately I'm not at my home computer right know, so I can't check, but
there's no need to anyway, because a little bit of Googling turned it up:

You need at least this I believe:

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

> PS: what is the "network manager" in xubuntu? I mean the name of the
> package...

In Feisty it's in xubuntu-system-tools:
Gutsy, for now, uses gnome-system-tools:

But that will be replaced by network-manager.