Xubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Low Resource Showoff - 2007-11-14

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Wed Nov 14 21:24:07 UTC 2007

Ghostvirus wrote:
> I'm interested in how you accomplished this!
>
> On Nov 14, 2007 8:05 AM, Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl
> <mailto:jelledejong at powercraft.nl>> wrote:
>
>     This message contains the following attachment(s):
>     Xubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Low Resource Showoff - 2007-11-14.png (request
>     due to size limits)
>
>     Hello al,
>
>     I just wanted everybody to see what a performance tweaked version of
>     Xubuntu Gutsy Gibbon can look like. There are no changes made to the
>     kernel. So it is possible to tweak it even more.
>
>     http://imagebin.ca/view/8uPq8MTU.html
>     <http://imagebin.ca/view/8uPq8MTU.html>
>     http://imagebin.ca/download/8uPq8MTU.png
>
>     Best regards,
>
>     Jelle

It is a long list of tweaks, You have to be a more experienced Linux
users, and its not without risks if you don't know what your doing.

I do document my steps relative good, I think I will make good quality
documentation for the public after the Hardy release. I will wait this
long because of my Quality Assurance system. I don't publish if the
quality is not yet sufficient.

I thought the screen shot would be very nice for the xubuntu website,
Vincent how do you think about this :-D

Kind regards,

Jelle