New panel size

Radomir Dopieralski xubuntu at sheep.art.pl
Sat Nov 10 23:46:59 UTC 2007

Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 02:31:20PM -0500:
> When I started this discussion about xubuntu's look and feel, my
> initial proposal was to go back to the original layout, because that
> is how xfce was conceived at the first place.  Do not force something
> upon it that was not designed for. It is now obvious that xfce, at its
> current state, cannot function properly as a gnome layout but pretty
> well as a one at the bottom panel arrangement. If we go back to this,
> all the problems discussed in the past couple of days will go away.

What about the people who upgrade from previous releases? Is there a
way for them to have the original xubuntu layout back easily? How about
new users created on upgraded systems?

Is there time and resources to develop two layouts and offer a choice,
and then maybe change the default in future releases if it proves better?

Note that I'm not really a developer, so my comments are just that,
comments. But maybe such a solution would be agreeable?

--
Radomir `The Sheep' Dopieralski <http://sheep.art.pl>
/\  <www.asciiribbon.org> - against proprietary attachments