help

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 03:04:38 UTC 2007

Hi Alexander,

On Nov 4, 2007 2:20 PM, Alexandre Castelhano <alecastelhano at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I cannot install xubuntu. i make the download of the
> xubuntu-6.06.1-desktop-i386 with pc winXP, after that unpacking and copy
> to CD. but xubuntu don't start with boot.
>

> what I do?
>
>                                                                 thank's

I think that this question is more appropriate for the Xubuntu-Users mailing
list, not the Xubuntu Developer mailing list.  That being said, it sounds
like you have unpacked the ISO before burning it, which will not create a
bootable ISO.

Instead, use an ISO-burning program (there are many, but ISO recorder looks
like a decent freeware option), and burn the actual ISO image to a CD.  That
should allow you to create a bootable ISO.

Regards,

Jim