Mirage Image Viewer

Oliver Brakmann obrakmann at gmx.net
Sun May 20 14:39:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-05-20 16:06, Vincent wrote...
> Hey, I came across this, haven't tried it myself, but:
> http://mirageiv.berlios.de/
> It's an image viewer built with light-weightness in mind. I don't know how
> light-weight GQView is, but perhaps this is an alternative?

Personally, I always liked GImageView quite a lot.  In the end, all
those programs basically do the same and are all quite comparable in
terms of dependencies (X libs, GTK libs, image format libs, that's it).
It really comes down to personal preference.

That's why I'd propose you move gqview (or whatever the default program
for Gutsy will be) to "Recommends:" in xubuntu-desktop.  You already do
it for all the other productivity applications (office suite, browser,
mail client etc.) anyway, why not for image viewers as well?

Oliver
--
It's practically impossible to look at a   /\   #198843 @ http://counter.li.org
penguin and feel angry.     -- Joe Moore   \/