Proposed Application for Xubuntu

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue May 8 14:10:10 UTC 2007

Ronnie Whisler wrote:
> I have found a couple of applications that should be in Xubuntu in my

As usual, the hard part is actually getting the alternative apps
packaged or modified to be lighter.

I would much rather we had people working on sending patches to various
gnome apps or packaging that simply suggesting alternatives.

We had a lot of suggestions even since Breezy, but few people get involved in
development. If there is a sense of lack of direction it is probably my fault
for not clearly writing about ways others can join development. If that is the
case please anyone willing to help out speak up. But jsut suggesting what we
should ship from time to tie does not get us much further, especially if the
proposed apps are not ready.

So anyone who wants games, a better CD burner etc in Xubuntu _and_ wants to help
getting them, just start a specific thread on this list for working out teh details.

thanks
Jani

PS: I am happy to see Lionel Le Folgoc helping out with all the packaging and merging
of Xfce 4.4.1 from Debian, thanks!