Feisty+1 Specifications

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Mon Mar 26 19:41:49 UTC 2007

Cody Somerville wrote:
> Hello Developers + Interested Parties,
>
> As you know, we are quickly approaching the release of Xubuntu 7.04
> (Feisty) and work will soon begin on Feisty+1. After the first month
> of development, specifications are generally expected to be finalized.
> This is why I'd like to ask everyone to start thinking about what we
> want to do in Feisty+1 to make Xubuntu rock even more then it already
> does. I know I'm really pumped up about Feisty+1 and I encourage you
> all to get really fired up as well.
What I personally miss (not necessary Xubuntu's task to fix/add):
* better out-of-the-box bluetooth support with GTK PIN helper
* PIM synchonisation (opensync? although multisync has a really, really
bad GUI ;( )
* Better default CD/DVD Burner (Too bad Brasero has so many Gnome
dependencies; otherwise cool burner)
* Simple GTK video editor (like MS MovieMaker)
* I've heard a lot of good stuff 'bout Printerdrake
* Claws Mail (only if the interface gets a _major_ facelift; not easy
enough for the inexperienced user)
* Default enabled FUSE stuff: fusesmb, fuseiso, etc
* Other default media player (VLC? - I can't get used to gxine)

This is what I tend to add/change to a clean Xubuntu installation, but
the Bluetooth and sync stuff are really a pain in the behind to set up.

-H-