i am a xubuntu retard

Stefan Schwarzburg stefan.schwarzburg at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 18 07:19:52 UTC 2007

Hi,
I guess that this depends on your hardware.
What graphic card and what monitor do you have? What screen resolution can
they provide?
If you have a nvidia ( lie I have) then you have to have something like this
in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf (backup that file before you modify it: sudo cp
/etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf_backup20070318
).

2007/3/18, chapinero mercenario <ch4p1n3r0 at gmail.com>:

> Sorry, my english suck, can anybody help me with the screen resolution? i
> had reach in every forum but nothing work. By the way, the last time i write
> something for that purpose in the terminal everything were wrong and the
> little rat didnt start again and i had to reinstall everytjing. I need
> something really easy like automatix for mp3, dvd, video, torrent, but for
> setting my screen resolution bigger than 640x480 or 800x600,
>
> thanx, i love the little rat so much...
>
> Mercenario,
> ch4p1n3r0 at gmail.com

Institut für Astronomie und Astrophysik