xubuntu-restricted-extras

Cody Somerville cody.somerville at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 16:53:41 UTC 2007

Hi Brian,

 Win32 codecs and quicktime are not maintained in the Ubuntu repository
(legal considerations) and hence can not  be installed via this meta-package
let alone one of the official ubuntu repositories. Win32 codecs, quicktime,
and other packages like RealVideo can be installed via the Medibuntu
repository (an unofficial third-party repository); see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

 Mp3 support is provided via this meta-package (Including Layer 2 and Layer
1 as well). The package libxine1-ffmpeg depends on libmad0 (MAD is an MPEG
audio decoder lib).

Thanks, :)

Cody A.W. Somerville

Firefox (www.getfirefox.com) -- A browser you can trust