Sip

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Fri Jul 20 17:54:51 UTC 2007

Terry_G_Davis at Dell.com wrote:
> Cody thanks for that bit of info, however my main question was do I
> /need/ to have a sip server to run a sip app like ekiga? Or does that
> app or other sip apps house their own servers and you use them?

Dear Terry,

You need a sip account only to use ekiga, This account logs into a
remote server (not your server) to connect. This sip account you can buy
at ekiga or other sip selling parties like voipbuster or a dsl adsl
provider etcetera.

You fill in this siop account info in the ekiga settings or other sip
protocol capable software or hardware.

Sometimes you have to set-up nat settings of your network, this is kind
of the downside of the sip protocol.

BTW, I will not answer any of your emails again if you use HTML mails
for normal text messages.

Best regards,

Jelle