Editing a page on Xubuntu.org

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 15:44:21 UTC 2007

On 7/20/07, Adam Miller <maxamillion at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would be willing to work on the new website, but I still don't know
> where to get ahold of the code. I can't entirely promise how fast
> development will happen mainly because my CSS is somewhat noobish and my
> time schedule is really packed:
>
> Fall Semester Line-up:
> -12 hours of class
> - teaching 8 hours of freshman level computer science courses for 2 of my
> profs (which will require another 8 hours outside of class for lesson plans
> and grading)
> - Working 25 hours at my part time systems admin job for my campus library
>
> So i am looking at 53 hours of each week spent on campus, and then I have
> to find time to do homework, projects, and study for exams outside of that
> time.
>
> I can promise to do my best, but I will require a substantial amount of
> help to have a new website up and running by the Gutsy release.
>
> -Adam

At our last meeting people gave a +1 to Chad Sutton to head up the efforts
to prepare the site prior to Gutsy's launch.  Chad is a member of the
Ubuntu-Chicago team, and he is very well versed in Drupal, and is very
dependable and friendly.  You can view his wiki here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Chadarius  He also has a drupal-based website,
http://www.chadarius.com/

Sorry for any confusion - when Cody left, Adam was going to do the website,
but then in talking with him, he indicated that he didn't have the time to
do it because of school and work.

Jim

jwcampbell at gmail.com