xubuntu.org i18n

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 07:47:28 UTC 2007

On 17/07/07, Alexander Ilyashov <ilyashov at megabit.com.ua> wrote:

> Freddy Martinez:
> > A great point, this is probably something we need to do when we update
> > the web page.
> >
> I can help with russian and ukrainian translations
>
> ---
> Alexander

Well, Drupal itself probably already has many internationalizations, and all
the current text can probably be translated too. News articles would be a
problem though, you see the same with xfce.org . Though a half-translated
website is probably better than an English-only website. I think the biggest
hurdle is in installing something that will handle translations (and also
places a notification when pages aren't yet translated). Plus, we have to
make sure existing links won't be broken.

--
Vincent