Artwork update

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Jul 16 08:11:23 UTC 2007

jmak kirjoitti:
> On 7/15/07, Jari Rahkonen <jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
>> Hexzenn kirjoitti:
>>>
>>> Could you upload the new default xfwm4 theme? I've never used SVN before.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>> Sorry, can't do that right now, but here's a quick how-to instead:
>>
>> 1. Fire up a terminal and cd into ~/.themes (you might have to create
>>    the directory first).
>> 2. Install svn with 'sudo apt-get install subversion' if needed.
>> 3. Type 'svn co http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/xfwm4/trunk/themes/default
>>    default-svn/xfwm4' (without the line wrapping of course) and press
>>    enter to fetch the theme.
>>
>> That's it. You might need to log out and back in (or kill and restart
>> xfce-mcs-manager) to get the new theme to show up though. The theme name
>> will be default-svn.
>>
>> I'll be here if you need more help.
>>
> Hi Jari,
>
> I installed the new default theme but it doesn't show in the theme
> list. I rebooted the computer and it still doesn't show.
>
> jmak

Hmm... If you followed the steps above correctly you should now have the
directory ~/.themes/default-svn/xfwm4 filled with various images in png,
svg and xpm format. Does your user have the required permissions to view
these files and directories? Or maybe there's a typo in my how-to that I
just can't spot right now? I just tested this again and it worked fine.
The theme was listed in the Window Manager Settings dialog after a relogin.

No rebooting is necessary when you install themes. Only xfce-mcs-manager
should need to be restarted, and that happens when you log out and back in.

- Jari