xfce4-places-plugin

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 01:17:15 UTC 2007

Hi Lionel,

On 7/2/07, Lionel Le Folgoc <mrpouit at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the previous meeting we spoke of xfce4-places-plugin, but iirc, we
> didn't come to a conclusion. I think many people may be interested in
> it, it could be a good candidate for main inclusion.

[snip]

Cheers,
> Lionel

Thanks.  :)  I give a +1 for including it as default, and +1 for including
both the icon and the label.  Gnome includes just the label, but I agree
with Luzius that it looks more consistent with the applications menu if it
includes both the icon and label.

As for the "too much like Gnome" complaint, I think that it makes getting to
a file or folder more efficient... that this happens to just look like
Gnome.  :)

As for calling it "Shortcuts," the label is easily customizeable, so I
recommend just leaving it at places.  After all, it is the
xfce4-places-plugin.

I had missed that you included little screenshots until after I had made
some myself, but thought that I would include this additional one, anyway.
Here's a snippet of the places menu when open...

http://www.j1m.net/images/places-icon-text.png

Regards,

Jim
jwcampbell at gmail.com