Menu button

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Thu Jan 11 16:55:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:12:37 -0500
"Robert B. Lance Sr." <vidd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> As far as "do-able"...How would said button effect different
> languages... From what I understand, if I change my system language
> from EN to DE, to SP, to whatever, we would need a different button
> image (or the image would require there be NO TEXT in it at all) so
> that different languages would understand what the button is
> And if there is no text in the button, how is the newcomer supposed
> to guess what it is?

What if there was simply the name Xubuntu on the button, or maybe the
Xubuntu logo? No translation required. On the other hand people have
been clicking on a 'Start' button (translated) for over 10 years on
Windows so the idea of looking for a rectangular shaped button to
access applications isn't exactly a novel idea.

Myles