Other similar distros

Oblio apa.chioara at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 20:42:00 UTC 2007

>> Hi Jani,
>> I know you don't have a lot of time, but maybe from time to time
>> you could check out things like Dream Linux or Zenwalk.
>
> I kwow about zenwalk and tried out a livecd once in qemu, but did not
> hear about dreamlinux.
>>
>> They have similar objectives, they are quite popular, and some even
>> say *GASP*, that they are better than Xubuntu :)
>>

> great, anything we can borrow? :)
>
> Jani

Not really sure, look here for a short insight on the latest version of
Zenwalk:
http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=28
Mplayer + patches seems interesting.

And this one is more accurate:
http://www.linuxsoft.ro/forum/index.php/topic,538.0.html
(sorry fellow mailinglist users, this one's in Romanian, but I'm sure Jani
will extract
the info he needs, and if there's something of interest, you'll know :) ).

I've downloaded the latest version - Zenwalk 4.2, will check it out soon.
I'll try to report, but I'm sure a lot of their ideas conflict with Ubuntu
policy. What
doesn't... would be a good idea :)