Claws-Mail in Xubuntu

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 20:48:38 UTC 2007

> Yes, such stuff would help. As would more up-to-date packages instead
> of syncing every so often with Debian, just too late for the next
> freeze.

So someone with interest in sylpheed-claws and upload rights to universe
is needed.

> Also I have to say that I ignore bugs in Launchpad, because they're
> useless. multi megabytes logs auto-generated with nothing but "(no
> debugging symbols found)" don't help. Package maintainers that want
> bugs fixed push them upstream.

I agree, the recent crashdump bugreports are very useless, especially
since only packages in main have corresponding -dbg .debs generated that
help in figuring out the backtrace. That said these kinds of reports are
frequent for other packages as well and they are dealt by interacting
with the original reporter. Again a task for the hypothetical
sylpheed-claws maintainer in universe.

Jani