Mac G3 Beige (Tommy Trussell)

Frarquit frarquit at uol.com.br
Sat Jan 6 14:23:57 UTC 2007

1) When I examine the dmesg output I get these lines:

[   76.648788] pmac_zilog: 0.6 (Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<benh at kernel.crashing.org>)
[   76.661021] ttyS0 at MMIO 0xf3013020 (irq = 15) is a Z85c30 ESCC -
Serial port
[   76.673774] ttyS1 at MMIO 0xf3013000 (irq = 16) is a Z85c30 ESCC -
Serial port

2) when I try configure the printer (Epson Stylus Color 1520) by the
configure system> printers>add new printer> the option for serial local
printer is not available (!)

2a) I`ve tried serial:/dev/ttyS0, serial:///dev/ttyS0 and only
/dev/ttyS0 but it does not work.

2b) I think the printer`drive is not a problem. There are four drivers
for Epson Stylus Color 1520.

As long I understood, the problem is still in first step (1): serial
port assignment.

Thank you.

Francisco.