Xubuntu docs - status?

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 05:46:48 UTC 2007

I worked on some of it with Cody one night online, I didn't get anywhere
because I ended up working on something that had already been done but I
think what we need is a wiki setup that can just be edited on the fly and
then easily be translated into docbook format (if this is even possible),
but I would be willing to help out with some docs if/when I run into spare
time.

-Adam

On 2/27/07, Robert McWilliam <rmcw at allmail.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:44:11 -0600
> "Jim Campbell" <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure what all needs to be done, but I thought I would bring
> > up this topic here.  Is there anyone else besides Cody who has SVN
> > commit rights? Is there anyone else who's good with docbook xml?  Why
> > does it still say "Welcome to Xubuntu 6.06" when you load up Firefox
> > in one of the recent Xubuntu nightlies?  :-)
>
> I don't think we need to worry about SVN commit permissions, the folks
> on ubuntu-doc will commit patches (after making sure they are sane). My
> docbook skills don't count as good but might reach passable.
>
> The docs in feisty don't come from the SVN repository automatically,
> someone has to package up the docs and commit them to the apt
> repositories - I don't know how automated this is and whether it is
> done by one of the xubuntu devs, or the doc team people, or currently
> no one and we need to find a suitable person... Launchpad says Jani did
> it for dapper.
>
> > I can help write documentation, but do not know docbook xml at this
> > time. (maybe for 7.10 . . . ).  Is there anyone else who might be
> > available to help out?
>
> If you (or anyone else) mails me changes that you want to make I can
> turn that into patches to the docbook. Depending on how much of that I
> get I might have time to do some writing myself.
>
> Getting bugs for the things that need fixing would be a good start so
> they can be prioritised and assigned to different people and we can
> track our progress through them.
>
> When is the deadline for the docs?

-=:max:=-