I will voluntairto guide Clawsmail to become a good mail client and be its MOTO

Matías Szeftel mszeftel at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Feb 27 11:01:44 UTC 2007

Harold Aling escribió:
> Jelle de Jong wrote:
>
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2219597#post2219597
>> http://www.claws-mail.org/
>>
>> Hello guy's,
>>
>> There have been a lot of heated discussions about the default mail
>> client for xubuntu.
>>
>> Clawsmail vs Thunderbird
>>
>> I believe that Thunderbird is on this moment the best client for the
>> normal non geek user and clawsmail need a lot of work. But there are
>> people that disagree with that, so I tried to convince them. But they
>> are fanatic and want more information (I like that, means they stand
>> behind what the do!)
>>
>> So I made a decision's. I will be the package maintainer for the next 3
>> or 2 releases of xubuntu. Then we will come together again and decide if
>> clawsmail is user friendly enough to become the default mail client for
>> xubuntu.
>>
>> I will work together with the clawsmail developers to address problems
>> and do debugging and feature request etcetera.
>>
>> What do you people think of it!
>>

> (this is gonna be a long discussion... ;))
>
> Why I don't (yet) like Claws Mail:
> - No default html rendering of emails (possible with a plugin and manual
> selection)
> - No possibility to compose a html mail
> - Ugly default icons
> - Really annoying alternating colors in the folder list
>
> Why I do like Claws Mail:
> - Blazingly fast! (/low memory footprint?)
> - Everything just works...

I want to emphasize the last two points.

- Blazingly fast! (/low memory footprint?)
- Everything just works...

By the way, does Thunderbird has that thread view? It's really useful
for mail lists.
That's a feature I really like in Claws and Kmail.

I do think that HTML composing (although I don't really use it) is a
must for nowadays.
It should  at least be available as an option.

Regards, Matías.

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!