I will voluntairto guide Clawsmail to become a good mail client and be its MOTO

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Feb 27 08:27:38 UTC 2007

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2219597#post2219597
http://www.claws-mail.org/

Hello guy's,

There have been a lot of heated discussions about the default mail
client for xubuntu.

Clawsmail vs Thunderbird

I believe that Thunderbird is on this moment the best client for the
normal non geek user and clawsmail need a lot of work. But there are
people that disagree with that, so I tried to convince them. But they
are fanatic and want more information (I like that, means they stand
behind what the do!)

So I made a decision's. I will be the package maintainer for the next 3
or 2 releases of xubuntu. Then we will come together again and decide if
clawsmail is user friendly enough to become the default mail client for
xubuntu.

I will work together with the clawsmail developers to address problems
and do debugging and feature request etcetera.

What do you people think of it!