Herd 4 testing

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 20:32:59 UTC 2007

Jani,
     Do you have a link to the wiki page that this volunteer made? If so I
can make a news announcement on xubuntu.org and also post it on the
ubuntuforums, if in the event that person is unable to put everything
together I would be willing to setup a wiki page like Cody had previously
setup for the testing cycle that appeared to yield positive feed back.

-Adam

On 2/13/07, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Herd 4 is approaching, due to be released Thursday. In order to have
> Xubuntu released alongside the other derivatives, unlike as with Herd 3
> we need to test the images a few days before, so please report anything
> wrong that you find with the daily images in Launchpad.
> Dist-upgrading to feisty is ok, we get useful bug reports that way, but
> to cover the installer and a clean setup the iso images are the best way
> to test. This is the first alpha release that will have Xfce 4.4 final
> since Herd 3 was not released.
>
> Someone volunteered to coordinate the testing process on the wiki to
> make it more collaborative and easier on everyone involved, I hope he'll
> state it more publically :)
>
> thanks
> Jani

-=:max:=-