(unknown)

Giuseppe Torelli colossus73 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 18:23:37 UTC 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 9:20 AM, Robert McWilliam <rmcw at allmail.net> wrote:
> I know this was beaten to death (and quite a bit beyond) previously, but I
> never did figure something out: what is your aversion to all things gnome?
> There are some gnome apps that are quite tightly coupled to the gnome
> environment and so pull in lots of libraries when used outside of gnome but
> there are others that are really just GTK apps that happen to have gnome in
> their name because they were aimed primarily at gnome users (and a continuum
> between the two extremes).

Which GTK apps are included in the current Xubuntu? From Feisty to Gutsy many
were pulled out in favour of GNOME ones.

> and I'm sure you could give useful input but simply
> repeating "Gnome is evil" and predicting the downfall of Xubuntu if any apps
> are included with gnome in the name is not very productive.

I already gave my input in the previous email on this matter but they
were not taken
in consideration. I proposed to get rid of gnome-vfs in many GNOME
related apps but the
reply I got was "It's up to upstream to do this".
--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org