eeexubuntu

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:43:02 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 2:46 PM, Jani Monoses <jani at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> jmak wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just would like to draw your attention to a custom built xubuntu
> > flavor called eeexubuntu.
> >
> > http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexubuntu:home
> >
> > A video here:
> >
> > http://carmelo42.blogspot.com/2007/12/vido-de-dmonstration-du-eeepc-sous.html
> >
> > As you can see the developer of this release uses the original xcfe
> > panel layout that I am advocating for xubuntu for some time. The small
> > screen size of the eepc calls for this.  This is another indication
>
> As you say, the small screen of the EEE calls for it. As Xubuntu's most
> users use regular screen sizes this is not a cause for us to change
> Xubuntu defaults.
>
> I agree though we should have smaller panels but until the icon sizing
> has bugs that cannot happen unfortunatly.
>
> As for following gnome that has nothing to do with slavishness, it's
> just that is better suited. Arguments for changing the layout need to be
> much stronger than 'we need a personality'. We need to be usable first
> and foremost.

We have to work with what we have. If we have an icon sizing bug,
doesn't this indicate that the panel, as it is now, wont function
properly? Like a dual panel setup?
Another thing, xfce is not updated on a regular basis like gnome. Who
knows when this bug will be fixed; maybe never. So this means that we
have to go with this current, obviously faulty, solution for...?
Wouldn't make more sense to use the panels as they were conceive at
the first place? Because in the original configuration they work
pretty good.

--
http://jozmak.blogspot.com/