eeexubuntu

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 17 19:46:20 UTC 2007

jmak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just would like to draw your attention to a custom built xubuntu
> flavor called eeexubuntu.
>
> http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexubuntu:home
>
> A video here:
>
> http://carmelo42.blogspot.com/2007/12/vido-de-dmonstration-du-eeepc-sous.html
>
> As you can see the developer of this release uses the original xcfe
> panel layout that I am advocating for xubuntu for some time. The small
> screen size of the eepc calls for this.  This is another indication

As you say, the small screen of the EEE calls for it. As Xubuntu's most
users use regular screen sizes this is not a cause for us to change
Xubuntu defaults.

I agree though we should have smaller panels but until the icon sizing
has bugs that cannot happen unfortunatly.

As for following gnome that has nothing to do with slavishness, it's
just that is better suited. Arguments for changing the layout need to be
much stronger than 'we need a personality'. We need to be usable first
and foremost.

Jani