Update on Artworks

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 07:39:37 UTC 2007

On 05/12/2007, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've created a new artwork page for Hardy; ideas are welcome.
> I've listed some of the possible issues, I think we have to tackle
> during the hardy phase but everyone is welcome add his own suggestion.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Xubuntu/GutsyIdeas
>
> Notes on style:
>
> The ubuntu art design team decided that the glossy style that has
> dominated ubuntu's look and feel up till now is not trendy any longer
> and they are moving toward a flatter  more plastic visual appearance
> for hardy's interface. To keep in line with the changing ubuntu
> spirit, I suggest, we too pursue this stylistic shift as much as
> possible.
>
> Ideas?

Sounds OK to me. However, concerning the new GTK theme - do we need one? The
current one is only in use since 7.10 and using a new one each release seems
a bit overdone to me. Furthermore, the current one seems to please a lot of
people so perhaps it would be a bit too soon to change it already.

Just my two cents, of course.

Jmak