update-notifier (was Re: coding tasks)

Jérémie Corbier jcorbier at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 25 02:19:24 UTC 2007

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 08:21:40AM +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
> Cool. Want to try making update-notifier use something else for the tasks it
> now use GnomeClient for and make it not depend on libgnome? It will still have
> gvfs deps for now.  update-notifier is ikept in bzr in LP and mvo is open to
> such changes.

I started to look into this today.  I added a --without-libgnome configuration
switch to get rid of GnomeClient.  I'd like to be able to get the same behaviour
as with GnomeClient though.  The thing is it implies to either use something
like session-client.h in libxfcegui4-dev or directly libsm6 if we want to be
wm-agnostic, AFAICT.

Do you guys have any better ideas?

Jeremie