Commercial Support references on the Xubuntu website

Giuseppe Torelli colossus73 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 06:48:06 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:
> the initial one of not choosing a sane default archive type, and not checking whether
> certain archive types are suited for the group of files selected for compression (IIRC,
> it tried to make .bz2 archives without tarring up first if more files were selected)

Jani,Jani, you shouldn't speak of things you don't know yet:

http://svn.xfce.org/listing.php?repname=xfce4&path=%2Fxarchiver%2F&rev=25986&sc=1

> and another it cannot do anything with open archives like launch a file from it,

???? What do you say Jani? It can add, extract, delete, test and
create exe archives after opening it.

> if they are listed there as in a file manager. So what happened is user opened an archiver from the web
> using xarchiver, it's content appeared in the view but individual files could not be accessed, they needed
> to be extracted first somewhere and then used there.

An archive downloaded from the web is put in /tmp. I just tried now
with Xarchiver 0.4.6, the archive is corrected accessed using /tmp, I
tried extracting a file and it is correctly extracted; I tried viewing
it and it correctly appears in the Xarchiver view window. Again Jani
when speaking be sure to know what you say. I spent a LOT of hours in
coding Xarchiver, improving it over and over again and it's not
correct by you to spit upon it.

--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org