Poll for GNOME dependencies

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 14:53:59 UTC 2007

Hi Jmak,

On 8/22/07, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/22/07, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Possible. Then how should I formulate the question?
> > >
> > > Something like this would be ok?
> > >
> > > Would you like to see Ubuntu applications in the upcoming Xubuntu
> > > release? If yes, please tell us which one.
> >
> > How about:
> >
> > "Which of the GNOME applications shipped on the Ubuntu CD but not in
> Xubuntu do you install on
> > Xubuntu because they provide functionality not in Xubuntu or are better
> than the existing Xubuntu equivalents?
> > Only C and Python applications, OpenOffice and mono-based ones do not
> apply."
>
> Here is the post.

Thanks for getting us started, but do you think you could edit that post to
include language similar to what was included above?  ("Which of the GNOME
applications shipped on the Ubuntu CD but not in Xubuntu do you install on
Xubuntu because they provide functionality not in Xubuntu, or are better
than the existing Xubuntu equivalents? Please list only C and Python
applications, and OpenOffice and mono-based ones do not apply.")

I think that would be a bit more clear, and would help us to get more of the

Jim