Poll for GNOME dependencies

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:33:23 UTC 2007

On 8/21/07, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I've posted a poll in the forums here:
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=521787
> >
> > If anyone thinks it should be modified in any way, just say so.
>
> I've looked at the comments and except one, they're either off topic or not very well argumented.
> More interesting questions would be:
>
>  what apps do you install besides defaults from xubuntu-desktop?
>  what apps from the default install do you remove or replace?
>
> that way it would reflect actual usage vs. opinions that are ideologically or otherwise biased.
>
> And mention in the poll that only apps that average users (non-developers) would use are requested -
> so for instance no preferred chat client, console mailer, development environment or security tools.
> The only apps suggested are those that have an equivalent in Ubuntu/Kubuntu default installs.
>
> could someone set up such a poll?

After the questions, we have to give choices because that is how the
polling shceme works.

For instance,

1) what apps do you install besides defaults
a) ?
b) ?
c) ?

so that people can vote on the app,

or

2) what apps from the default install do you remove
a) ?
b) ?
c) ?

Lets make up the list and i can set up the poll. I think the forum
polling feature allows only 4 choices. So we cannot fit all the
questions into one poll, which is not a problem because we can setup
more than one poll.

jmak
--
http://jozmak.blogspot.com/