documentation

Luzius Thöny lucius.antonius at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:39:24 UTC 2007

Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what is the status of the documentation for 7.10?
>
> thanks
> Jani

Well, at the start of the gutsy dev cycle, we decided to start the
documentation over, based on current ubuntu docs. a snapshot of the
ubuntu docs was imported to SVN, and some patches by jim and freddy to
make the documents xubuntu compatible were committed. i'm afraid that
it's by no means done yet, though. the sections on desktop effects or
printing e.g. have not been touched yet (is that right jim & freddy?).
if true, this basically leaves us two choices: 1) put more effort into
the the approach we started to get it done in time for gutsy 2) ship
feisty's desktop guide. the first one would be much preferred of course,
but it needs quite some love...

~luzi