gnome-games?

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 08:26:13 UTC 2007

> Isn't the whole purpose of Xubuntu to keep it small and optimized for
> slower computers?
It is.
> I am not exactly sure what is put into it these days but it was much
> faster a few releases ago..

That is mostly because of X and GTK slowing down maybe or changes to the base
system outside the contol of Xubuntu. Addition of avahi, HP printing services
new features to d-i and ubiquity.

We may need to consider dropping some of the base apps but we can only do that if they are
not part of ubuntu-standard or the ubuntu-minimal seeds.

> If it keeps getting slower i'm considering running another distro on my
> old laptop..

Adding apps which are not run as part of the liveCD or the base system do not 'slow
down' anything. They take uip Cd and disk space though.

Jani