wicd

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 19:57:09 UTC 2007

Hi Jani,

On 8/20/07, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I said in an earlier mail we should use n-m. I've sent a couple patches
> to get rid of some
> of its gnome deps. If anyone wants to help there's a fairly
> straightforward task left, to
> add support for GTKAssistant (GTK+ >= 2.10)instead of GnomeDruid that it
> currently uses.
> The code is in gnome svn, the network-manager-applet module.
> That is a good task for gutsy+1 all the advanced wifi stuff and
> integration with de base system and desktop is
> being done in n-m, wicd is going to have to duplicate all that effort to
> have the same features.
>
> Jani

This kind of request (and others like it) would fit nicely on the Get
Involved [0] wiki page.  I know that you mentioned similar issues in a blog
post not too long ago, but it seems like you didn't get too many responses
from people saying that they would like to help.  Still, maybe if we had
these kinds of requests up in one fixed place (rather than a blog post on
the planet), we could get more people to help.

If you have a bit of time, and wouldn't mind putting up these requests,
please go ahead and do so.  Otherwise, just forward me some of the
information on where you could use help like this, and I'll put the
information up there.  Thanks,

Jim

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/GetInvolved