Poll for GNOME dependencies

Diego Ongaro ongardie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:40:27 UTC 2007

On 8/10/07, Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/10/07, Diego Ongaro <ongardie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > But no, I'm not one of the two Xubuntu developers, sorry.
>
> You could become, with me and the two others we will be 4. Maybe
> others will join us but in the meantime we four can work toghether on
> a single app which gnome libraries are to get rid of. When the app is
> ready we ship it and we go to the next one, maybe in the meantime
> others will have join us and they are working on the other app and so
> on and on...

It's not just getting rid of gnome libraries - there are a number of
aspects, e.g., bug fixes, UI design, consistency, integration,
documentation, resource usage, power usage, dependencies. We could set
up a team to take one or two "sponsored" apps at a time, get them
beyond satisfactory on all the aspects we define, and work with
upstream to get our changes implemented there. I'd be very happy to be
a part of this team (though my time is limited).

How many other people out there would want to join this team? We'd
need some of everything: programmers, packagers, translators, doc
writers, and people to work with upstream.

-Diego Ongaro