A great idea to talk about

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:27:17 UTC 2007

On 06/08/07, Diego Ongaro <ongardie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/6/07, Jesus Gamio <jgamio at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I just want to share something I read in the planet Ubuntu.
> > http://useopensource.blogspot.com/2007/08/idea-unify-ubuntu-name.html
> > .
> >
> > I think is a great idea but it's only my opinion What do you think about
> ?
> >

> Just my 2 cents:
> I think this comment has the spirit of the blog post with a reasonable
> name: "Ubuntu Lite"
>
> http://useopensource.blogspot.com/2007/08/idea-unify-ubuntu-name.html#comment-6068861665320843257

I don't like it. If you're going for such long names, you could just as well
say Xubuntu (Ubuntu base + Xfce). And I especially don't like the fact that
Xubuntu keeps being referred to as "Ubuntu Light-weight Edition" or similar
whereas Kubuntu is referred to as "Ubuntu with KDE". To me, Xubuntu is as
much "Ubuntu with Xfce" as Kubuntu is "Ubuntu with KDE".

-Diego Ongaro

Vincent