Article

Dave Dodge dododge at dododge.net
Mon Apr 30 22:59:46 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 01:52:33PM +0000, Vincent wrote:
> On 29/04/07, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/15858
>
> I don't really like the themes you chose, but the vertical panel setup is
> very ingenous IMHO :D

I agree that the default layout with panels on both the top and bottom
of the screen is not so good.  I always get rid of the top panel
immediately, and sometimes create a side panel with icons for
launching common applications.

> I was a bit worries about you saying the iconbox was better than the task
> list because images provide more visual clues, because an application's
> entry at the taskbar is way easier to click on,

A possible problem is when you have lots of windows and many of them
come from the same application.  For example I have 14 Firefox windows
(each with many tabs) open right now.

                                                  -Dave Dodge