Please test the Xubuntu Edgy Eft Beta candidates

Glanz mofo at eff-off.com
Fri Sep 29 11:25:14 UTC 2006

I am currently testing via two methods. Firstly, I did a dist upgrade on my
laptop which installed everything but the xserver for which I had to issue an
"apt-get install xubuntu-desktop' after the initial install...  I had a
lightened version of the dapper version installed without the oriental fonts,
abiword, gnumeric and printing support. After the install I "lightened up"
again. Surprisingly, all worked perfectly except for the boot splash.

I installed on another machine via the alt install CD and I kept the default
install. Here also, all works except for the xubuntu boot splash.

(^>
/V)
~~glanz