Xubuntu Edgy Eft Knot 3 AMD64 2.6.17-9 kernel update

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 08:26:27 UTC 2006

On 9/24/06, Adam Miller <maxamillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> yeah, i was planning on reporting it to LP but i wanted to reference and
> verify with the xubuntu community via the mailing lists before i reported it
> as a bug. thanks everyone.

kernel bugs are never relevant to xubuntu only, unless some of the
xubuntu apps trigger kernel misbehaviour which is unlikely. The other
case when it is still not xubuntu specific but cannot be reproduced on
ubuntu/kubuntu is when the hardware can only run xubuntu because of
memory limitations. I recall some older macs had kernel bugs but only
xubuntu users reported them.
So kernel, base-system and most  X video driver bugs are best reported
against their specific packages as chances are we cannot fix them here
;)

Jani