Xubuntu does not handle preferred applications well

Jarno Suni j_suni at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 15:03:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

Is it possible to integrate Debian's and Xfce's
preferred applications settings so that apps like
Thunderbird and Gimp use right application
automatically in the next release?

Currently, by Dapper, I have to make the following
steps to make Thuderbird and Gimp (maybe others too)
use the preferred browser set in Settings > Preferred
Applications:

I added /usr/bin/xfbrowser4 as a x-www-browser
alternative by galternatives (which I had to install
first from the Universe repository) and selected the
added alternative and set status to be manual.

--
Homepage: http://iki.fi/jarno.suni/