Edgy upgrade question

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Thu Sep 21 11:40:46 UTC 2006

Vincent wrote:
> Yes, but my problem is: I don't know which packages I installed from
> alternative repositories.

I upgraded my Dapper to Edgy yesterday and I now have ~200 packages that
want to be uninstalled, including lots of system libraries. I hosed half
of my system before noticing it...

So if I'd were you, I'd backup your self-modified /etc files and your
/home/<username> and go for a fresh install!

Although I had some problems with the installer of Knot 3...
* Unable to select "no localization", so I selected "English"
* Partitioner doesn't start 99% of the time
* Random hangs when clicking forward so I've started then installer
dozens of times...

When you do get edgy running, things are much smoother...

-H-