strange problem with xubuntu Dapper on iMac G3 : no sound with beta, incorrect resolution with release

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 07:30:33 UTC 2006

You shouldn't need to reinstall and this issue could probably be fixed with
a conversation with a few community members in the irc channel #xubuntu on
irc.freenode.net, but if you prefer from here then please email me the
contents of the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf and we should be able to resolve the
screen resolution issue.
     -Adam

On 9/13/06, Jean-Charles VERDIE <jcverdie at origyn.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had installed xubuntu using beta-live dapper on my legacy imac G3
> 350 MHz (296 MB RAM, 80 GB HD).
> After a dist-upgrade, Mac-On-Linux could not run any longer (darwin
> panic), while osx still booted correctly. I decided to reinstall
> xubuntu from scratch. What a bad idea ! Here is the result :
> - using beta cd, I can have sound any more: impossible to insmod
> anything about alsa
> - using final dapper cd, I have sound, but xorg will not allow me any
> resolution higher than 800x600 (the beta let me go at 1024 768).
> xresprobe assesses that my card can't, but I know he's wrong...
>
> I anyone has a hint to fix either the one or the other, I'll be glad
> to re-reinstall and have my cute imac work again (I assume that the
> remaining  MoL problem comes from a regression in yaboot...)
>
> Regards,
> Jean-Charles

-=:Max:=-